as some (most) of you may know… i’m getting married. on saturday. i’m really not sure what to make of it, either. i mean, don’t get me wrong, i’m super excited, but super nervous at the same time. because i know that the week of bad dreams is about to start. or… i should say the days of bad dreams. you know, those dreams where EVERYTHING goes wrong.
like… people don’t tell you that the flowers for your hair are in the refrigerator and they start the ceremony without you and there’s not even a seat for you in the crowd even though you’re the bride and why the HECK am i sitting in the crowd anyway and the MUSIC doesn’t start or work and so people are confused…
yeah, those dreams. already had one in case you missed that. it was ridiculous. but, in light of everything else, it’s been a good past week and i think the rest of this one will be ok too. just to give you a little taste, i’m going to start LAST monday and just tell you what’s been going on.
- monday (4/19) – paper due in class
- tuesday – packing to move/homework day/visiting dad at track meet
- wednesday – presentation in class where i failed to save the PROPER powerpoint, but it worked out anyway because the only thing that was wrong were some maps, but still. fail on my part. we still got a 98% and it’s posted on his website as an example. yeah, my group rocked. or something.
- thursday – took ring in to get cleaned and fused. which means that my finger is STILL naked. also had two tests. and was supposed to work a student recital and forgot. also, started to get some weird sunburn itchy rash thing on my neck. seriously? yeah. suck. turns out it was sun rash and i put some aloe on it and it’s fine now. also, the final night of sleeping in my own bed.
- friday – extra class that usually doesn’t meet because of the concert i had this past weekend. and more packing. and taking stuff to james’ house so the movers could move it all and we wouldn’t have to.
- saturday – dress rehearsal for sunday concert, packing, worrying about james’ bachelor party and that he won’t come home either alive or in one piece. he came home alive AND in one piece. however, really enjoyed the drunk talk when he got home. it was sweet – telling me how much he loves and me and stuff. yeah, super cute.
- sunday – family up and concert. a really HARD concert. but, according to everyone who knows anything, i played the best concert of my life. and they really really made sure that i knew that. and more moving stuff for the movers to arrive at 8 am monday morning.
- monday (4/26) – movers show up at 8 am and start moving stuff. another test. picked up the future MIL from the airport. i was a BUNDLE of nerves. couldn’t sit still, couldn’t stop talking or texting or emailing. nerves nerves. but meeting her was fine and nothing terrible happened. and got to move MORE stuff.
- tuesday (today) – setting up apartment, game 7 of the series for the red wings (win or go home game tonight. i hope they win), having peeps over for the first time. we’re going to have our tuesday night group at OUR apartment and get to use OUR cups which we just washed in OUR dishwasher last night and did laundry in OUR washer and dryer. it was cool. showered in OUR shower this morning (one at a time, i promise).
- wednesday (tomorrow) – more moving and setting up apartment. probably picking up the rings since we don’t have time to do that today. then it’s the wednesday night college group, though we’re not sure if we’re going to go because of hanging out with mom stuff, i don’t know. i want to go, but wow… so much busyness.
- thursday – picking up dress and tuxes and all that stuff, putting together the ‘wedding day stuff’ pile. massage at 8 pm or something.
- friday – my final class before the wedding, mani/pedi at noon-thirty, shopping for last minute stuff for the wedding – like plates and cups and bowls and whatnot. and then a not-so-bachelorette party. which means girls at my place for drinks and games. should be fun. hopefully no hangovers. that would suck.
- saturday – wedding. yeah… ’nuff said. and probably getting laid. just sayin’.
- sunday – church with the family, gift opening, hopefully some sleeping. like… yeah, actual shut eye.
- monday – back to school and work. and then finals.
- saturday (may 15) leaving for honeymoon. yay.
yeah… who’s jealous of my life? not me… *sigh* i’m sure it will all be fine.
also, i think that i’ll start figuring out peeps for guest posting while i honeymoon it up. i’ll have to dig back and see who wanted to do one, but feel free to let me know again that you’re interested and i’ll come with a sched and whatnot. or… email me at cari [dot] vanoverbeke [at] gmail [dot] com and then i’ll have YOUR email, you’ll have MINE and we can work it all out. deal? deal.
anyway, gotta go to class now. later, kidz!