So as MANY other people do in the blogging community, I’ve come up with a list of goals I would like to accomplish before I turn 26 on May 21, 2012. I’ve organized the list into smaller categories (which, incidentally, made it easier to come up with 26 goals) and I will *attempt* to update as I complete (or start) items on the list. Of course, being that I have a LOT of time on my hands right now, I’d imagine that I’ll be jumping head first into some of the easier to complete goals (mostly the reading ones).
I also wanted to make sure that I was putting items on the list that I can actually track in some sort of reliable manner. Somehow “spending less time on the internet” didn’t seem like a good goal because really, I’d have to take a baseline of how much time I spend and then continue to collect data. Not. Fun. However, if I spend MORE time doing OTHER things, it’s entirely possible that my internet usage (at least wasteful usage) will decrease. Also, some of my goals INVOLVE the internet. What can I do about that?
I’m actually pretty excited about this and I *hope* that it’s something I can keep in mind while going about life. I’ll tack this list up in its own little tab where I will undoubtedly make some additions that will help me to keep track of what I’ve accomplished.
So, without further ado, The List:
26 before 26
1. Get a job
2. Start paying off student loans
3. Take another step closer to tithing
4. Talk seriously about finances and financial goals without worrying.
5. Run a 10k and have properly and sufficiently trained
6. Run either a half or full marathon and have properly and sufficiently trained
7. Do yoga on at least one off-running day a week for at least 8 weeks (not necessarily in a row)
8. Decrease my average minutes/mile to 8:30 minutes/mile or faster
9. Educate myself about politics and political party values
10. Say only things about others that I would say if they were part of the conversation (even famous people)
11. Allow what James sees to trump what I see in the mirror
12. Teach James how to read and play music, even if only at a basic level
13. Learn to play hockey
14. Begin reading the Sword of Truth series
15. Finish reading the Red Wings book I gave to James for Christmas
16. Finish reading Love & Respect
17. Read all four therapy books I got from Amazon
18. Finish reading the Old Testament
19. Lead a summer Life Group to completion
20. Read Galatians with the rest of the church AND try to have discussions about it with other church members (either through facebook, actual getting together and discussing groups, softball team or email)
21. Purchase and listen to more Christian music
22. Keep up with planning meals either weekly or biweekly
23. Try a new recipe every month AND share it with the blogging community
24. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into meals
25. Get together with friends at least twice a month to hang out
26. Get to know more people at church
How about you? What do you want to accomplish in the next year?