- I’ve just started following a new batch of bloggers from a collaborative blog that never quite got off the ground. I, of course, won’t stick with ALL of them, but it’s been fun getting to peek into the worlds of a few more people. What I find more interesting is that going through reader now is kind of like going to a party where I only know a few people and so I’m making the rounds chitchatting, but then I come across someone I already know and it’s really refreshing. Do you ever get that when following a new blogger?
- I played softball last night and was pretty much crippled after the games. I had surgery a million years ago on my legs, but I don’t know that all this scar tissue is a big fan of my running, so it’s been annoyed. Of course, being the catcher, I would get hit with the ball RIGHT where my leg is ALREADY annoyed. It took us FOREVER to walk to the car with me limping along, trying not to engage that muscle. Today, it’s not so bad. I’m really thankful for that.
- I am part of a women’s Bible study and over the summer, we’ve been doing a book club once a month. Apparently next month, we’re not doing a book which is a bummer to me. We’ve been reading some good stuff. We just read this book called Crazy Love. Long story short, it’s about how God, who created the ENTIRE universe, cares about us dinky little humans and those of us who call ourselves Christians should probably be living a LOT more differently than we do in response to this crazy love that God has for us. The only thing is, sometimes it’s hard to conceptualize what that ACTUALLY looks like. So I suggested what I thought would be a good follow-up book, A Contrarian’s Guide to Knowing God, but to no avail. I thought it would be good. I guess we’re going to a play or something instead.
- Speaking of Bible studies, I cannot WAIT until James and I start our new believers/seeking Bible study for part of the summer. It’s a 6 week series about major questions people ask about Christianity. I am really looking forward to getting together with people to discuss it. I miss that – discussion. Discussion about faith, about questions, all of it. I like to think and it makes me sad when I put things out there for people to think about and then NEVER get a response.
- I have no idea what I want to do for a career. Some people are looking addiction counseling/rehab type jobs for me because they have connections and I think that’s really cool. I think I could totally be content in that. Or in regular counseling. Or in running a forum that discusses faith and biblical things. Or training dogs. Or being a mom. I feel like I have no focus and that I should. I hate that about our society. Just sayin.
- On a TMI note (feel free to just skip this one, but I gotta get it off my chest), I’ve had my period 3 times in 2 months. I’m on a pill that’s supposed to keep it away for a YEAR. Needless to say, I’m annoyed. I was going to make an appt with a gynecologist, but I can’t get in until August. So, back to my regular doc I go at the end of this month to talk about and figure out what the HECK is going on and what we can do to make this craziness stop! I fear, though, that I actually need to see a gynecologist to get those kinds of questions answered. You know, that being their specialty and all. *sigh*
- I have 3 friends who are going to have babies. That makes me want one too. Of course, 2/3s of them of have been married for like, 4 years. One got married a few months after us. I know we can’t afford one right now (especially since I have approximately eleventy billion dollars in school loans). I just kinda want one. Or a puppy. I’d be okay with that too.
- What is up with this summer? Cold for a week, hot for two days, rain for 3 days, cold for a week. Ridiculous.
- Usually I spend a bulk of my day playing world of warcraft (because seriously, I have nothing else to do, and yes, I enjoy it. Judge away if you must.) but today, I think I’m going to watch some Invader Zim instead. I have Gir’s ‘doom’ song in my head. I think that’s a sign that I need to watch it.
what’s on your mind today?