26 before 26
1. Get a job Had an interview, waiting hear Heard back, 2nd interview for a full-time position I didn’t apply for and didn’t know existed Follow another lead (depending on outcome of 2nd interview)
Start paying off student loans
Take another step closer to tithing
- 10% of income to church, currently at: 6.8%
4. Talk seriously about finances and financial goals without worrying.
- July 3rd – talked through a budget and house owning goals and not once did I mentally beat myself up for not bringing in some kind of income. Goal is to continue this behavior.
Run a 10k and have properly and sufficiently trained Modified goal: Run a 10k distance in a race having properly and sufficiently trained 10k distance in Bismarck Marathon relay, Sept. 17th (of course, pending having a relay team)
6. Run either a half or full marathon and have properly and sufficiently trained
- DNF due to injury
7. Do yoga on at least one off-running day a week for at least 8 weeks (not necessarily in a row) Modified: Do some kind of strength training on at least one off-running day a week for 8 weeks.
- 1 (6/29/11)
- 2 (7/11, 7/13, 7/14)
- 3 (7/16, 7/18, 7/20)
8. Decrease my average minutes/mile to 8:30 minutes/mile or faster
- 6/11-6/25: 9:27/mile
- 6/17-7/1: 9:34/mile
- DNF – due to injury
9. Educate myself about politics and political party values
- I sort of did this. I think I’m a libertarian. That’s right next to Capricorn, I think. :p
10. Say only things about others that I would say if they were part of the conversation
- Getting better, but still need work.
11. Allow what James sees to trump what I see in the mirror
- I actually haven’t needed him to do this in quite a while. I know what I’d like to change, but I don’t really focus on it anymore.
12. Teach James how to read and play music, even if only at a basic level
- DNF – not for lack of trying, however.
13. Learn to play hockey
- DNF – due to mild winter and me not wanting to skate during open skate with 50 million other people on ice.
14. Begin reading the Sword of Truth series
- I am 3 or 4 books in, though I haven’t read any since before the new year. Maybe I’ll have to drag that back out and finish because I really enjoyed the books.
15. Finish reading the Red Wings book I gave to James for Christmas
- July 2nd
16. Finish reading Love & Respect
- July 5th
17. Read all four therapy books I got from Amazon
- Client-Centered Therapy, Carl Rogers
- On becoming a person, Carl Rogers
- Gestalt Therapy, Polster
- The Gestalt Approach, Fritz Perls
18. Finish reading the Old Testament
19. Lead a summer Life Group to completion
- DNF. Unfortunately, not gonna happen. 😦
Read Galatians with the rest of the church AND try to have discussions about it with other church members (either through facebook, actual getting together and discussing groups, softball team or email)
- The Message (2)
- NIV Chapters (2)
- Discussion attempts (1)
21. Purchase and listen to more Christian music
22. Keep up with planning meals either weekly or biweekly
- July menu: check
- Major fail. It may have lasted the summer.
23. Try a new recipe every month AND share it with the blogging community
- July: pork chop marinade, Cheese and corn stuffed zucchini boats
- Also, did not do. However, I did find new recipes and tried them. I just didn’t share. I’m a jerk.
24. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into meals
- July: check
- Close enough overall.
25. Get together with friends at least twice a month to hang out
- July: 4th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 23rd
26. Get to know more people at church
- Joined Music life group